NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
11 May 2016
Two PNP Officers, injured while on election duty
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, May 11 -- Two police officers deployed by Iloilo Police Provincial Office are being treated for injuries they sustained from two separate vehicular accidents while rendering election duties.
PO1 Glenn Ermina is being treated at Iloilo St. Paul’s Hospital after incurring head and body injuries when his motorcycle crashed during a pursuit operation of fleeing motorcycle riders who evaded their checkpoint.
The incident transpired at 1:10 a.m. of May 9, 2016 while PO1 Ermina’s group was conducting a checkpoint at Kahilwayan Avenue, Sta. Barbara, when two motorcycles passed by and instead of slowing down and be subjected to a search, sped up and evaded the checkpoint.
PO1 Ermina and two others were ordered to follow the fleeing motorists but he crashed on the newly constructed road along Brgy. Talanghawan.
Meanwhile, another officer, SPO1 Joanne Canja, augmented from Iloilo City Police Office and deployed at Concepcion, Iloilo was sideswiped by a van while driving her motorcycle last May 6, 2016.
She is currently being treated at West Visayas State University Medical Center while the driver of the van faces a case of Reckless Imprudence resulting to serious Physical Injuries.
The injuries of the two officers are testaments that police officers are serious in their efforts to making this election a safe and peaceful one and entail more sacrifice in the exigency of service.
IPPO Acting Provincial Director Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba vowed to provide financial assistance to help defray the medical expenses of both officers who got injured in the line of duty.#
Recent Press Releases
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers
- IPPO warns operators and drivers against carnapping modus
- Road Safety Advisory on Opening of Classes