NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
2 June 2017
Road Safety Advisory on Opening of Classes
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, June 2 --As classes open next week, Iloilo Police Provincial Office advises the public about the strengthened conduct of road safety operations in the province of Iloilo, especially targeting Public Utility Vehicles.
IPPO Director Police Senior Superintendent Harold Tuzon ordered the intensified road safety operations to prevent accidents and promote safety of the riding public comes the opening of classes.
Particularly, IPPO will focus on overloaded PUVs, non-wearing of helmets, and drivers without license. IPPO will also look out for noisy mufflers which cause noise pollution.
“Our primary thrust is towards the safety of the public, particularly of students”, said Tuzon.
Since implementation of the road safety operations in April, IPPO has impounded a total of 356 motorcycles and 38 4-wheeled vehicles and issued 654 TOPs and 1,132 citation tickets for violation of RA 4136 or the Land Transportation and Traffic Code of the Philippines.
Meanwhile, Tuzon directed the Chiefs of Police to coordinate with their respective Local Government Units to formulate contingency measures during the two-day transport strike on June 5 and 6 which incidentally fall on the first days of classes.
He also called on the drivers joining the transport strike to help maintain safety, peace and order in the streets and respect the drivers who decide not to join the transport strike.
Recent Press Releases
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers
- IPPO warns operators and drivers against carnapping modus
- Road Safety Advisory on Opening of Classes