NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
8 March 2016
Remain apolitical, Alba tells cops
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, March 8 -- Personnel of Iloilo Police Provincial Office are told to remain apolitical and keep out of election related issues this election period.
IPPO Officer-In-Charge Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba issued the statement as the campaign period for the local candidates is set to start on March 25.
“Our role this election is to make sure that everyone can exercise their democratic right to suffrage freely and without fear, no more no less. We want to ensure a fair and credible polls and we should not be instruments to sow fear and intimidation this election”, Alba said.
To further ensure that IPPO will not be involved partisan politicking, several personnel with relatives upt to the 4th civil degree of consanguinity or affinity, vying for positions are set to be temporarily relieved and reassigned to other units in order to avoid influencing the voters in their areas of responsibility.
“The pending relief and reassignment will only be temporary, they will be returned to their original units after the election,” Alba cleared.
The clearance from the Regional Headquarters is still being sought before implementing this proactive move but to date, IPPO has identified 38 personnel with ties, either by affinity or consanguinity, to candidates running for elective posts.
The campaign period for local candidates will start on March 25 while that of the national candidates has already started.#
Recent Press Releases
- PD TAYABA: A MAN OF COURAGE AND PASSION
- Former NPA member surrenders and turns-over firearm to Iloilo Police
- IPPO WCPD holds fun shoot
- Php18 Million shabu accomplishment
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death