28 January 2016
Oton most wanted, arrested in Cavite
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, January 28 -- The top one most wanted person in the list of Oton Municipal Police Station was arrested at Brgy. Salitran, Dasmariñas, Cavite recently.
Joint elements of Oton Municipal Police Station, Oton, Iloilo, IPPO led by PSUPT. RUBY C GUMBAN, together with CIDG Region 4A, PPSC, Cavite PPO and PIB, Cavite arrested Roberto Vergara y Gain (Rank 1), 59 years old, male, married and a resident of Brgy. Poblacion South, Oton, Iloilo, at about 3:30 in the afternoon of this date at said place where he was hiding.
Vergara was arrested by the virtue of Warrant of Arrest for the crime of Murder in Criminal Case No. 14-74107 issued and signed by Hon. Juilljie D. Lim, RTC6, Iloilo City dated June 5, 2014, with No Bail Bond recommended. He is presently detained at Cavite CIDG Detention Facility prior to his turn over to the issuing court.
The case stemmed from a stabbing incident committed at about 8:15 in the evening of May 6, 2013 at Brgy. Poblacion South, Oton, Iloilo. Vergara together with his companion named Fil Solangon y Cawagan (At Large), of legal age, male, single also a resident of the same place with an intent to kill, conspiring, confederating and helped one another by punching and stabbing the victim Arlyn dela Cruz y Esteral, 46 years old, male, married and a resident of Brgy. Pob. South, Oton, Iloilo.
The victim was sitting by a sari-sari store when the crime was committed. He was rushed to Western Visayas Medical Center, Mandurriao, Iloilo City but pronounced dead by the attending physician.###
Recent Press Releases
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers
- IPPO warns operators and drivers against carnapping modus
- Road Safety Advisory on Opening of Classes
- IPPO Operation Libre Tuli
- More apprehensions and impounded vehicles during first week of random road safety checks
- Test Road Checks Nets Hundreds of Violators
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs Of Police