NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
20 January 2016
Newly created unit against illegal drugs nets first target
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, January 20 -- Barotac Nuevo’s Number 1 in the list of drug personalities fell into the hands of authorities after a buybust operation turned out positive.
Joint elements of Passi City PS, Brtc. Nuevo PS and 3rd Maneuver Platoon composing the Special Operations Unit Bravo against illegal drugs arrested Marjo Bedia, 38 years old of Brgy. Tubungan, Brtc. Nuevo after a buybust operation at 11:00 p.m. of January 19, 2016.
Bedia is the number 1 drug personality of the said town and has been involved in the sale of illegal drugs for some time.
Recovered from his possession during the arrest are 11 sachets of suspected shabu, marked money and cellphone.
He is currently detained at Brtc. Nuevo PNP and is facing charges for violation of RA 9165.
The Special Operations Units (SOU) against Illegal Drugs are the innovations of IPPO Officer-In-Charge Roderick Augustus Alba as part of his move to strengthen the anti-illegal drug capabilities of the province of Iloilo.#
Recent Press Releases
- Php18 Million shabu accomplishment
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers