NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
7 April 2017
More apprehensions and impounded vehicles during first week of random road safety checks
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, April 7 -- Hundreds of erring motorist were cited and close to 200 vehicles were impounded during the first week of Iloilo Police Provincial Office’ random road safety checks all over the province.
The impounded vehicles include 178 motorcycles and 25 4-wheel vehicles that were seized for violations ranging from lack of registration papers to missing drivers’ license of drivers.
Meanwhile, 292 Temporary Operator’s permit and 327 citation tickets were issued.
As part of promoting road safety, IPPO gives special attention to overloaded vehicles, motorcycle drivers without helmets, and vehicles with no warning devices and lights.
The command also warns the public that they will also be strictly implementing the Provincial Ordinance on Road Safety particularly on the unauthorized road obstructions like palay or corn drying by the road side.
Iloilo Police Provincial Office stressed that they are not conducting checkpoints, but road safety checks as deputized agents of Land Transportation Office.
The road safety checks is part of Iloilo Provincial Government’s thrust to curb the number of traffic incidents in the province which has resulted to loss of numerous lives and damage to millions of properties.
IPPO started with the road safety check on Monday, April 3, 2017.
Due to the number of apprehensions, IPPO will request additional stubs of TOPs from LTO so that the LTO deputized PNP personnel can continue with the random road safety checks.
Recent Press Releases
- Php18 Million shabu accomplishment
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers