NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
1 February 2016
January drug recovery totals 9 Million
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, February 1 -- More than nine million pesos of illegal drug methamphetamine hydrochloride or shabu was recovered by Iloilo Police Provincial Office during the month of January alone.
The recovery is a result of the 36 anti-illegal drug operations conducted by different units of Iloilo PPO which also led to the arrest of 44 persons involved in illegal drug trade in the province.
Iloilo PPO Officer-In-Charge Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba ordered the intensified campaign against illegal drugs in the province following the thrust of the Iloilo Provincial Government of a drug-free province.
The bulk of the recoveries came from the operation conducted by IPPO’s Provincial Anti-Illegal Drugs Special Operations Task Group and San Joaquin MPS lat January 6 which led to the arrest of Jekeri Sepi and Rasmia Abdullah Mustapa in Tiolas, San Joaquin, Iloilo.
The total recovery from that operation totalled to almost a kilogram of shabu with market value of six million pesos.
Recently, three Special Operations Units against illegal drugs were formed by Alba to augment the PAIDSOTG in order to strengthen the anti-illegal drugs campaign of IPPO.
Recent Press Releases
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers
- IPPO warns operators and drivers against carnapping modus
- Road Safety Advisory on Opening of Classes
- IPPO Operation Libre Tuli
- More apprehensions and impounded vehicles during first week of random road safety checks
- Test Road Checks Nets Hundreds of Violators
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs Of Police