NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
23 October 2017
IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO,October 23 - Iloilo Police Provincial Office is going after the seven identified criminal gangs operating in the province of Iloilo.
Of the seven, four are known to operate in the 5th district of Iloilo, two in the third district and 1 in the fourth district.
IPPO director Police Senior Superintendent Marlon Tayaba assured the public that the police will go after these groups especially the ones in the 5th district where crime statistics show a rise in incidents involving criminal groups.
The revelation was made by Tayaba during the Peace and Order Summit of the 5th district of Iloilo organized by the Office of the 5th District Congressman Raul Tupas and attended by various stakeholders including Mayors, Vice Mayors, Liga ng mga Barangay President, MLGOOs and Chiefs of Police.
Tayaba further revealed that these groups have connections with local politicians and he appealed to those present to be cooperative with the PNP in its campaign against crime.
Recent Press Releases
- Press Statement on the Simultaneous Service of Search Warrant in Northern Iloilo (Part 1 of 2)
- Press Statement on the Simultaneous Service of Search Warrant in Northern Iloilo (Part 2 of 2)
- SERAPIO TO AWARD IPPO’S TOP PERFORMING POLICE STATIONS
- IPPO produces first batch of SWAT graduates
- LAB CLEARS POLICE OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE USE
- PD TAYABA: A MAN OF COURAGE AND PASSION
- Former NPA member surrenders and turns-over firearm to Iloilo Police
- IPPO WCPD holds fun shoot
- Php18 Million shabu accomplishment
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted