NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
3 November 2017
IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, November 3 -- For his dedication and service to the municipality of Tubungan while he was still the Chief of Police, Police Senior Inspector Rolando Araño, IIoilo PPO’s spokesperson was awarded a Resolution of Commendation by the Sanguniang Pangbayan.
Araño, who prior to his designation as the Public Information Officer of IPPO sat as the Chief of Police of Tubungan for 14 months, was instrumental in strengthening the relationship between the barangays and the different agencies in Tubungan’s campaign against crime.
During his tenure from August 2016 to September 2017, Araño closely coordinated with the LGU and concerned agencies in the implementation of Community Based Rehabilitation of drug surrenderees, enforcement of local ordinances and the aggressive campaign against illegal drugs.
The awarding was conducted during the Moving Up Program of the 27 drug surrenderees who finsihed the Community Based Drug Rehabilitation Program of Tubungan, which Araño initiated when he was still the Chief of Police.
In his message to the surrenderees, Araño encouraged them contribute to nation-building and to move forward and dedicate themselves to transformation as there is no room for relapse.
He also expressed his gratitude to the various stakeholders, volunteers and the Local Government of Tubungan especially to SB Member Medalya Balandra, chairman of the Committee on Health, for pushing for the implementation of the Community Based Rehabilitation Program, the first of its kind in Iloilo province.
Recent Press Releases
- PD TAYABA: A MAN OF COURAGE AND PASSION
- Former NPA member surrenders and turns-over firearm to Iloilo Police
- IPPO WCPD holds fun shoot
- Php18 Million shabu accomplishment
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death