NUP Maria Christina Mayor
16 December 2017
IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, December 16 -- Combined forces from PNP’s different units arrested Police Regional Office 6’ Number 1 Most Wanted Person in Marikina City.
Together with Regional Intelligence Division, CIDG Manila and Marikina PNP, operating elements from Iloilo PPO led by Police Senior Inspector Fernando Punzalan Jr arrested the fugitive ANTONIO AQUINO alias ANTON, a native of Sta. Barbara, Iloilo who has been staying in Marikina since evading arrest 14 years ago.
During the time of his capture, Aquino is working as a janitor for a bingo company inside Blue Mave Mall in Marikina where he was eventually served with a warrant for his arrest.
Aquino is the suspect in a murder case for the killing of a former government employee Bonifacio Merindad and two others.
He is also responsible for the series of robbery incidents in Western Visayas in the early part of 2000.
Because of his crime, he was classified as PRO6’ Number 1 Most Wanted and DILG placed a 300,000.00 reward for any information pertaining to his whereabouts.
Aquino will be turned over to the court once he arrives in Iloilo.
Recent Press Releases
- Press Statement on the Simultaneous Service of Search Warrant in Northern Iloilo (Part 1 of 2)
- Press Statement on the Simultaneous Service of Search Warrant in Northern Iloilo (Part 2 of 2)
- SERAPIO TO AWARD IPPO’S TOP PERFORMING POLICE STATIONS
- IPPO produces first batch of SWAT graduates
- LAB CLEARS POLICE OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE USE
- PD TAYABA: A MAN OF COURAGE AND PASSION
- Former NPA member surrenders and turns-over firearm to Iloilo Police
- IPPO WCPD holds fun shoot
- Php18 Million shabu accomplishment
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted