NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
8 September 2017
IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, September 8 --The region’s number 1 druglord, Richard Prevendido, was neutralized with his son Jason on Friday, September 1 after attempting to shoot it out with the police who served a arrest warrant for violation of RA 9165 or Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
Prevendido, who was considered as the Region’s top drug pusher after the death of husband and wife Melvin and Merriam Odicta last year, went into hiding early this year after his arrest warrant came out.
A PNP composite team of Iloilo PPO personnel led by Acting Provincial Director PSSUPT. Marlon Tayaba and PSUPT. Julius Balano of Regional Intelligence Division served the warrant of arrest of Prevendido in his current location at Landheights Subdivision, Balabago, Jaro but the operation resulted to a fire fight between the operating elements and Prevendido and his son Jason.
Because of Prevendido’s neutralization, the Iloilo City and Provincial governments lauded the efforts of the PNP and moved to release the soonest possible time the reward for the confidential informant used by the PNP.
The Iloilo Provincial Government even allocated an additional 500,000.00 pesos for IPPO.
With Prevendido’s death, IPPO expects a significant drop in the illegal drug trade in Iloilo but the police remains vigilant in the campaign against illegal drugs.
Recent Press Releases
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers
- IPPO warns operators and drivers against carnapping modus
- Road Safety Advisory on Opening of Classes