NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
3 March 2016
IPPO Director directs men to focus attention on shooting incidents
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, March 3 -- IPPO Officer-in-Charge Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba issued a stern warning to Chiefs of Police who fail to clear the recent shooting incidents in the province of Iloilo.
The order came after a series of shooting incidents this week which resulted to the deaths of some of the victims in the province.
Alba issued a directive to all Chiefs of Police to continue the campaign against loose firearms, intensify police visibility and checkpoints, strengthen intelligence monitoring and profiling of suspects and implement speedy investigation of cases.
These will be strictly implemented on top of the numerous administrative requirements and paperwork that the men in uniform face daily.
On February 28, a man was injured by his father-in-law in San Rafael while a person was found shot to death in Calinog on February 29.
Two men on-board a motorbike were shot dead on Tuesday in Pavia. Suspects are yet to be identified in the Calinog and Pavia incidents.
The province has recorded a total of 20 shooting incidents this year with 14 having been cleared or solved while six remains to baffle the police.
Despite the shooting incidents, IPPO has observed a decreasing trend in crime volume with 2,799 crimes recorded from January to February this year as compared to recorded 3,283 during the same period in 2015, or a decrease of almost 15%.
“We remain optimistic that the trend will continue to spiral down due to our religious implementation of massive checkpoints, campaign on loose firearms and campaign against illegal drugs”, Alba added.#
Recent Press Releases
- Php18 Million shabu accomplishment
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers