NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
8 March 2016
Gun Ban violators total 41
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, Marchh 8 -- Iloilo Police Provincial Office has put a total of 41 persons to jail for violating the election gun ban since it started in January 10 this year.
These 41 arrested persons were caught in 37 operations including police call-ups and checkpoints manned by PNP, AFP and COMELEC personnel.
To date, IPPO has the highest accomplishment in the region for apprehension of gunban violators.
IPPO OIC Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba has ordered all units under IPPO to intensify the checkpoints and intelligence monitoring in the province to deter not only gun ban violators but other election-related atrocities.#
Recent Press Releases
- PD TAYABA: A MAN OF COURAGE AND PASSION
- Former NPA member surrenders and turns-over firearm to Iloilo Police
- IPPO WCPD holds fun shoot
- Php18 Million shabu accomplishment
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death