NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
8 March 2016
Gun Ban violators total 41
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, Marchh 8 -- Iloilo Police Provincial Office has put a total of 41 persons to jail for violating the election gun ban since it started in January 10 this year.
These 41 arrested persons were caught in 37 operations including police call-ups and checkpoints manned by PNP, AFP and COMELEC personnel.
To date, IPPO has the highest accomplishment in the region for apprehension of gunban violators.
IPPO OIC Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba has ordered all units under IPPO to intensify the checkpoints and intelligence monitoring in the province to deter not only gun ban violators but other election-related atrocities.#
Recent Press Releases
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers
- IPPO warns operators and drivers against carnapping modus
- Road Safety Advisory on Opening of Classes
- IPPO Operation Libre Tuli
- More apprehensions and impounded vehicles during first week of random road safety checks
- Test Road Checks Nets Hundreds of Violators
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs Of Police