NUP Maria Christina I Mayor
30 June 2018
Former NPA member surrenders and turns-over firearm to Iloilo Police
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, June 30 - A former member of the New People’s Army from Bingawan, Iloilo finally surrendered to Iloilo PPO after serving the NPA since 2010.
Surrenderee is identified as Jerry Glorian, 27 years of Brgy. Roosevelt, Tapaz, Capiz and currently lives in Bingawan with his common-law wife.
Glorian surrendered through Bingawan’s Mayor and Vice Mayor, Mark and Matt Palabrica and he was subsequently brought to Iloilo police’ Provincial Headquarters where he also surrendered to IPPO Director Police Senior Superintendent Marlon A Tayaba one firearm, a caliber .45 pistol with magazine and live ammunition.
During the interview, Glorian admitted to joining NPA when he was only 17 years old but left when he met his common-law wife and decided to settle down four years ago.
Since there is no outstanding Warrant of Arrest against him, Glorian returned to Bingawan after presenting himself to Iloilo PPO.
Recent Press Releases
- PD TAYABA: A MAN OF COURAGE AND PASSION
- Former NPA member surrenders and turns-over firearm to Iloilo Police
- IPPO WCPD holds fun shoot
- Php18 Million shabu accomplishment
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death