NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
2 August 2016
Dumangas police effect immediate arrest to robbers, rapists
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, August 2 -- Dumangas Municipal Police Station immediately responded to and arrested the two suspects in an alleged rape, carnapping and robbery incident early morning on Tuesday.
Police received a call at 4:00 a.m. Tuesday about a robbery incident which transpired at Brgy. Cayos, Dumangas, victimizing two siblings.
After an immediate response, police apprehended suspects Denmark Lachica, 30 years old of Brgy. Lico-an, Brtc. Nuevo, Iloilo and Andrew Rex Anorico, 23 years old of Brgy. Lagubang of the said town.
Investigation showed that suspects waylaid the victims at the coastal area around 3:40 a.m and at gunpoint, demanded that they surrender their belongings and motorcycle.
The suspects then fled, bringing with them the victim Michelle(real name witheld) whom they brought to a grassy portion of Brgy. Sapao, Dumarao and took turns in raping.
Police were able to intercept the suspects while they were escaping and recovered from their possession is a sling bag containing a caliber 22 firearm, 5 live ammunition, two cellphones taken from the victims, coin purse, and two motorcycles including that of the victims.
An initial coordination with Brtc. Nuevo PNP showed that both suspects have criminal history with Anorico being a surrenderee of Oplan Tokhang while Lachica is involved in several robbery cases in the said town.
Both are currently detained at Dumangas PNP and are facing charges for rape, robbery and carnapping.###
Recent Press Releases
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers
- IPPO warns operators and drivers against carnapping modus
- Road Safety Advisory on Opening of Classes