NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
16 March 2016
59 cases against gunban violatrors filed in two months
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, March 16 -- Fifty-nine cases for violation of COMELEC gun ban and illegal possession of firearms were filed by Iloilo Police Provincial in the two months since the start of the gun ban.
The fifty-nine cases were filed against the 43 persons who were arrested from January 10 to March 10, 2016.
The recoveries include one M16 armalite rifle, 16 short firearms, 21 homemade firearms, 2 grenades and 6 bladed weapons.
The arrests and recoveries are a result of the intensified implementation of Oplan Lambat Sibat and massive checkpoints conducted by all units of IPPO.
“We will sustain this campaign as we are preparing for the start of the campaign period next week, IPPO Director Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba said.
To date, IPPO has not recorded any election-related incidents since the start of the election period but all units are continuously on-guard for possible incidents as the election day nears.#
Recent Press Releases
- Php18 Million shabu accomplishment
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers