NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
3 November 2017
27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, November 3 - Twenty-seven drug surrenderees from the Municipality of Tubungan finally graduate from the Community Based Drug Rehabilitation Program (CBRP) of the LGU.
The individuals were surrenderees from the PNP’s Oplan Tokhang who expressed their intention to become clean from illegal drugs and crime.
Tubungan’s rehabilitation program is the first of its kind in the Province of Iloilo to be accredited by the Department of Health and was done in cooperation with the PNP, LGU, DSWD, PDEA and DOH.
Representatives from the said agencies attended the Moving Up Ceremony at Tubungan Municipal Hall which was also attended by Mr. Allen Camering from NAPOLCOM and Police Superintendent Bonifacio Ancajas, IPPO’s Deputy Provincial Director for Operations.
In his message to the surrenderees, Ancajas acknowledge the hardships of recovery but stated that it is not impossible to fully transform one’s life away from illegal drugs.
He also called upon them to contribute and be productive members of the community as they will be dealt with accordingly if they disregard all efforts to rehabilitate them and still go back to illegal drugs.
During the ceremony, former Tubungan police chief and now IPPO’s spokesperson Police Senior Inspector Rolando Arano was commended for his efforts in the campaign against illegal drugs.
Recent Press Releases
- 2017 A year of Accomplishments for IPPO
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers