SPO1 Gregoria B Antonano
19 July 2016
2 drug leaders, 3223 pushers/users surrender through “Tokhang”
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO -- Two notorious drug-group leaders and 3, 223 pushers and users voluntarily subjected themselves to surrender to authorities through Project “TOKHANG” since its nationwide launch last July 1.
Ernesto Bolivar @ “Erning’, leader of Bolivar Drug Group, together with member Ricardo Trabuco @ “Sixby”,voluntarily surrendered to Iloilo City Police Station last July 12 through the efforts of Intel operatives of both IPPO and ICPO.
The Bolivar Drug Group, allegedly a drug sub-group of the Prevendido’s, operates in the city and province of Iloilo.
As of July 16, 201 Tokhang operations were continuously carried out by provincial police to 2235 households province-wide.
The ‘knock and plea’ strategy cropped an astounding 3224 drug personalities in the 16 day period, with 29 pushers, 3, 076 users and 119 pushers/ushers.
Among these surrenderees is drug group leader Renato Labata @ “Atong” of Labata Drug Group, formerly known as Prion Group.
Labata, whose real name turned out to be ZaldyLabata, surrendered to Cabatuan authorities last July 14.
The Labata Drug Group is under the Odicta Drug Group.
“Continuous monitoring of these personalities will be conducted. The Tokhang Operation is not a passport or exemption from any criminal liability once they are caught during our continuing anti-illegal drug operations,” says IPPO Dir PSSupt Roderick Augustus Alba.#
Recent Press Releases
- Php18 Million shabu accomplishment
- IPPO nabs region’s number 1 most wanted
- IPPO Spokesperson commended by town of Tubungan
- 27 persons graduate from rehabilitation
- Zero incidents in Iloilo, expected during Undas 2017
- IPPO to run after criminal groups in the province
- IPPO lauded for Prevendido’s death
- IPPO personnel recognized during 116th PNP Service Anniversary
- Oplan Galugad in Sara nets wanted persons, traffic violators
- IPPO files cases against Maasin MPS NPA attackers