POLICE COMMUNITY RELATION ACTIVITIES
Parol Peacetival Contest
On November 2014, Iloilo Police Provincial Office initiates PAROL PEACETIVAL CONTEST, a lantern making contest that enables participants to re-interpret the art and form of the traditional “parol” (Christmas Lantern), allowing them to uncover and utilize socio-historical references, folk craft, and recycling techniques. The challenge is to give new meaning to the art of illumination, and environmental consciousness via the Filipino Christmas lantern tradition.
Participants are all the Municipal Police Stations in the Province of Iloilo. This contest aims to showcase the artistic side of policemen and women of Iloilo. Lanterns are 3 feet high and 6 feet wide and made of recycled or indigenous materials. These lanterns will also portray the image of the PNP.
On December 2014, top 10 Lanterns were displayed in the Provincial Capitol of Iloilo and some were delivered to the homes of our recipients of “Reverse Daigon”, another project initiated by IPPO wherein every recipient will be serenaded in their homes by IPPO Carollers and will be given groceries and foods. IPPO Lantern Peacetival has been a success and aims to organize same project this year.
- IPPO bags most awards for PCR month
- Barotac Nuevo conducts IRAID, Oplan Lambat Sibat also covered
- New Lucena conducts second IRAID
- Pupils of far-off Barangay, recipients of feeding program
- IPPO Summer Night, a success
- San Dionisio town hosts IRAID 2015
- 114th SEMANA SANG ILOILO “Dalagan sa Kaadlawan 2”
- IPPO extends assistance to indigent family in Leon, Iloilo
- Pototan MPS launches IRAID
- Parol Peacetival Contest
- Reverse “Daigon” (Carolling)