POLICE COMMUNITY RELATION ACTIVITIES
Pototan MPS launches IRAID
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay Sr, STA. BARBARA, Iloilo, March 7 –Stakeholders from the town of Pototan spearheaded by the Pototan Municipal Police Station (MPS) launched the Ilonggos Run Against Illegal Drugs (IRAID) in March 7.
The municipality is the latest to join the massive campaign of the Iloilo Police Provincial Office (IPPO) against illegal drugs.
The run against illegal drugs was preceded by the ceremonial lighting of torch led by Police Regional Office 6 (PRO6) director Chief Superintendent Josephus G. Angan and IPPO director Senior Superintendent Cornelio R. Salinas and a stretching exercise by Tukibon Dance Troupe of Palanguia National High School.
The fun run that came in three categories - 3K, 5K and 10K- gathered some 1,600 participants the IPPO personnel, personnel of neighboring police stations, academe, national government agencies, nongovernment organizations, business establishments, youths and other agencies.
Also joining the fun run were members of the Liga ng mga Barangay and Barangay Drug Abuse Councils (BADACs).
Meanwhile, Pototan mayor Tomas Peñaflorida applauded the efforts of the local police in getting rid of illegal drugs in the municipality.
Angan and Salinas, meantime, encouraged participants to practice a healthy lifestyle as they underscored the agencies intensified drive against illegal drugs.
The activity culminated with a boodle fight at the Pototan MPS. (30)
- IPPO bags most awards for PCR month
- Barotac Nuevo conducts IRAID, Oplan Lambat Sibat also covered
- New Lucena conducts second IRAID
- Pupils of far-off Barangay, recipients of feeding program
- IPPO Summer Night, a success
- San Dionisio town hosts IRAID 2015
- 114th SEMANA SANG ILOILO “Dalagan sa Kaadlawan 2”
- IPPO extends assistance to indigent family in Leon, Iloilo
- Pototan MPS launches IRAID
- Parol Peacetival Contest
- Reverse “Daigon” (Carolling)