NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
IPPO drug accomplishment doubles this year
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, March 3 -- The anti-illegal drugs accomplishment of Iloilo Police Provincial Office doubles during the first two months of 2016 as compared to the same period in 2015.
Data from the Intelligence and Operations branches of IPPO reveal that from January to February this year, a total of 66 anti-illegal drug operations were conducted by the combined efforts of the local city/ municipal police stations, IPPO’s Provincial Anti Illegal Drugs Special Operations Task Group and the newly created Special Operations Units against illegal drugs.
This is way higher than the 27 operations recorded by IPPO during the same period in 2015.
Ninety-nine persons are arrested and charged this year as compared to the 37 during the same period last year. Of the 99 arrested, 60 are considered as drug pushers while 39 are drug users.
The substantial increase in operations and arrested persons can be attributed to the massive campaign of IPPO and the creation of the three Special Operations Units against illegal drugs in the clustered districts of Iloilo.
The operations conducted by the SOUs account for almost half of the total number of operations conducted since January with 35 conducted by the local stations while 31 were conducted by SOUs.
“IPPO’s main thrust against criminality focuses on illegal drugs. We will not waver despite the fact that our policemen are being targeted by those involved in illegal drugs”, said IPPO Officer-In-Charge Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba.
On Monday, an anti-illegal drugs operative of Leganes Municipal Police Station, PO2 Rany Onelongo, was stabbed dead by two persons whose relatives were apprehended for their illegal drugs involvement.
PO2 Onelongo managed to shoot one of them, who later expired.
Alba calls on the personnel of IPPO especially the operatives against illegal drugs to remain steadfast in the face of this misfortune and asks them to remain true to their sworn duty to serve and protect.#
- IPPO’S 20—Day accomplishment yields WP, guns and ill-drugs
- Top 2 drug personality and 5 others captured in Pototan drug bust; shabu and .45 among recoveries
- Buy-bust nets Negrense in San Miguel
- Smug pusher busted in Dingle
- Lambat-Sibat Intensified; Nets 3 Drug Peddlers
- IPPO scores anew against drug peddlers
- 2 Policemen, 2 Brgy. Kagawads and 76 others face case for Comelec Gun Ban violation
- IPPO drug accomplishment doubles this year
- Tubungan PNP cited for catching Number 1 Most Wanted
- Balasan Police nets 3 Drugs Personalities
- Concepcion Police collars 2 Wanted Persons
- Lambat-Sibat nets No.2 Target Drug Personality of Batad
- 6M worth shabu recovered, 2 suspects arrested
- Cop slayer, Region’s Most Wanted, arrested by IPPO
- Five arrested, including siblings in Pototan drug bust
- Vice Mayor’s son falls in Concepcion drug bust
- San Miguel drug pusher falls in drug bust
- Number 1 Passi drug pusher busted
- 100k worth of illegal drugs recovered, 3 pushers arrested
- Barangay Kagawad falls in drug bust
- 5 kilos marijuana seized, drug pushers arrested
- Iloilo City resident, arrested in Alimodian drug bust
- Illegal drugs, firearm recovered in Concepcion drug raid
- Murderer, swindler arrested in two separate police operations
- Rapist, Ajuy’s most wanted arrested in Bacolod
- Husband and wife pusher raided, wife arrested
- Bigtime drug pusher cornered at Passi City
- IPPO nets 72 wanted persons in 1st quarter alone
- Two wanted persons fall in separate police raids
- Murderer, Iloilo’s number 6 most wanted cornered
- Salinas leads PRO 6 awardees during 113th Police Service Anniversary
- IPPO neutralizes notorious criminal gang leader
- W. Visayas’ 4th most wanted person killed in a shootout