NUP Ma. Christina I. Mayor
6 March 2015
Women power upheld as Oton MPS receives first female Police Chief
The Municipality of Oton welcomed its first ever female Chief of Police following a turn-over of Office at the town plaza.
Police Superintendent Ruby C. Gumban assumed office as the new police chief while retaining the former chief, Police Inspector Jose Rey Pabalan as Deputy Chief of Police.
In a ceremony presided by no less than Iloilo Police Provincial Police Office Director Police Senior Superintendent Cornelio Salinas, Gumban took the cudgels of power from Pabalan and vowed to exert her effort in ensuring the safety of the lives and property of the people of Oton.
In his part, Salinas assured Gumban of his guidance as she embarks on this new challenge.
Meanwhile, Oton Mayor Vicente Flores expressed his appreciation to Salinas for bringing the Honored tradition of Turn-over of Office to his municipality and likewise promised the new chief that he will support the administrative and operational needs of the PNP.
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary
- Hundreds of IPPO personnel, promoted to next higher rank
- IPPO chosen as National Finalist for PNP Service Anniversary Award, Two personnel also vie for national awards