NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
2 May 2016
Wanted Persons, Guns, Drugs among IPPO’S Onetime Bigtime gains
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, May 2 -- Iloilo Police Provincial Office successfully implemented its Onetime, Bigtime operations against wanted persons, firearms and illegal drugs.
No less than the Deputy Regional Director for Operations Police Senior Superintendent Alfredo Valdez congratulated the men and women of IPPO led by Acting Provincial Director Roderick Augustus Alba for the successful campaign which netted significant accomplishments.
Among IPPO’s accomplishments are the arrests of 20 wanted persons, 10 of which belong to the Most Wanted Persons in each municipality.
Seven Search Warrants were also served against seven gun-owners which led to their arrest and the recovery of seven firearms and one grenade.
Seventy-seven sachets of suspected shabu were also recovered in nine operations (2 SW, 7 buybust) against illegal drugs which led to the arrest of 10 drug peddlers.
The accomplishments were made simultaneously starting from 5:00 p.m. of April 21 to 10:00 a.m. of April 22.
IPPO’s recoveries for Oplan Katok were also presented including 21 firearms and five explosives.
“These recoveries and the arrests made is a testament that we at IPPO are serious in our campaign against all forms of criminality especially now that the election is close. Rest assured that we will continue to intensify the implementation of Oplan Lambat Sibat in order to significantly reduce crime in Iloilo” IPPO Director Alba said.#
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary
- Hundreds of IPPO personnel, promoted to next higher rank
- IPPO chosen as National Finalist for PNP Service Anniversary Award, Two personnel also vie for national awards