NUP Ma. Christina I. Mayor
25 November 2015
Task Force Puerto inaugurated
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, November 25 -- Iloilo Police Provincial Office and the Municipality of Dumangas formally inaugurated Task Force Puerto in Dumangas RoRo Port on Wednesday, November 25.
First conceptualized in 2013 by then Provincial Director Police Senior Superintendent Cornelio Salinas, Task Force Puerto is a special unit comprised of different law enforcement agencies which aims to curb the prevalence of human trafficking and the exit and entry of illegal drugs and other contraband.
It is also one of the initiatives of IPPO’s transformation journey towards a Performance Governance System as stated in the PNP P.A.T.R.O.L. Plan 2030.
The Provincial Government of Iloilo and the local government unit of Dumangas financed the putting up of Task Force Puerto from the construction of the building to the acquisition of new equipment and K9 dogs.
A Memorandum of Agreement was also signed between the different agencies to ensure collaborative efforts in combatting illegal activities in the port.
Provincial Administrator Dr. Raul Banias lauded the effort of IPPO and Dumangas LGU in making Iloilo an investment destination of the future.
Meanwhile, PRO6 Director Police Chief Superintendent Bernardo Diaz assured the public that Task Force Puerto will deliver its mandate with the guidance of the Philippine National Police.
Also in attendance during the inauguration are Director Paul Ledesma of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, Director Cyril Ticao of Department of Labor and Employment and Police Senior Superintendent Cornelio Salinas.#
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary
- Hundreds of IPPO personnel, promoted to next higher rank
- IPPO chosen as National Finalist for PNP Service Anniversary Award, Two personnel also vie for national awards