21 April 2015
SPO4 Sotomil receives the National Dangal ng Bayan Award
A Non-Commissioned Police Officer recently received the prestigious Dangal ng Bayan Award by the Civil Service Commission.
SPO4 Rhia B. Sotomil is a police non- commissioned officer of Pavia Municipal Police Station and designated as Women and Children’s Protection Desk PNCO. The award she received from the Civil Service Commission was conferred by Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa, Jr., during the recognition rites held at the Heroes Hall, Malacañang Palace last December 15, 2014.
The Dangal ng Bayan Award is conferred to an individual for performance of extraordinary act or public service and consistent demonstration of exemplary ethical behavior on the basis of the employee’s observation of the eight norms of conduct under Republic Act No. 6713 or the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees.
Aside from the Dangal ng Bayan Award, she is also a previous recipient of the following awards: 1. Country’s Outstanding Policemen in Service (COPS 2012), 2. Best Senior Police Officer of the Year (2012), 3. Ten Outstanding Policewomen of the Philippines (TOPWP 2011), 4. Top Performing Women and Children Protection Desk Police Non- Commissioned Officer (WCPD PNCO) in Iloilo Province (2011) and 5. Best WCPD PNCO in Region 6 (2010).
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary
- Hundreds of IPPO personnel, promoted to next higher rank
- IPPO chosen as National Finalist for PNP Service Anniversary Award, Two personnel also vie for national awards