SPO1 Gregoria B Antonano
4 July 2016
Project “Tukhang” knocks off 206 drug personalities in Iloilo
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, July 4 -- The new intensified anti-illegal drugs campaign of the PNP tagged as Project TUKHANG” under the “Double Barrel” Strategy of new PNP Chief PDG Ronald Dela Rosa has proven worth clearing the streets of Iloilo province of 206 drug personalities.
Iloilo Police Provincial Office carried out 277 ‘Tukhang” or “Tuktok – Hangyo” operations to identified drug personalities, 219 of which are users while 58 are pushers.
With Project “Tukhang”, IPPO yielded a soaring number of surrendered drug personalities to different municipal police stations province-wide. Its diligent efforts made 173 users and 33 pushers to surrender themselves voluntarily, with Oton police station leading with 26 surrenderees.
“IPPO will continue to plead to the remaining drug personalities until they yield to our (“Tukhang”) operation. They are given the chance to start anew, so let today be that day,” said IPPO director PSSupt Roderick Augustus Alba.
Since its launch last July 1, only 61 drug personalities remain in IPPO’s “Tukhang” operation.###
- 2017 A year of Accomplishments for IPPO
- PRO6, IPPO join Iloilo 5th District Peace and Order Summit
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary