NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
1 March 2016
Police lead Covenant Signing in Iloilo Province
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, March 1 -- Units under Iloilo Police Provincial Office led the covenant signing of the twenty-two towns with the target of finishing all forty-two towns and one component city before the campaign period for local candidates starts on March 25.
Majority of the towns held their covenant signing on Friday, February 26 and was attended by the local officials running for Mayor, Vice Mayor and members of the municipal council as well as representatives from Commission on Elections, Armed Forces of the Philippines and other stakeholders.
Some have already signed the peace covenant last January.
The towns which have complied with the covenant signing include Ajuy, Alimodian, Anilao, Barotac Viejo, Batad, Cabatuan, CArles, Duenas, Dumangas, Igbaras, Janiuay, Lambunao, Leganes, Lemery, Leon, Leon, New Lucena, Mina, Pavia, Pototan, San Rafael, Sara and Tubungan.
The remaining twenty-one towns will have their peace covenant signing at a later dae, depending on the availability of the participant’s schedule.
IPPO Officer-In-Charge Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba pushed for the signing of peace covenant so that candidates will be committed to a peaceful, orderly and honest May 2016 elections.
The campaign period for local candidates has yet to start and is slated to commence on March 25 and will continue until May 7, 2016.
Meanwhile, IPPO will lead the peace covenant signing of the provincial candidates on Saturday, March 12, 2016 at IPPO Grounds.#
- 2017 A year of Accomplishments for IPPO
- PRO6, IPPO join Iloilo 5th District Peace and Order Summit
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary