NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
20 October 2016
New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
Chiefs of Police and other officers of Iloilo Police Provincial Office welcomed on wednesday the new Acting Provincial Director, Police Senior Superintendent Harold Tuzon.
Tuzon presided over a command conference where he laid down his thrusts for IPPO, especially in the campaign against illegal drugs.
He emphasized the adoption of whole-of-nation approach in the anti-illegal drugs campaign recognizing that the Phlilippine National Police cannot single-handedly end this menace.
“Illegal drugs is a complex problem in this country and ending it is a shared responsibility not only by the concerned government agencies but also by the stakeholders and the community”, Tuzon said.
Aside from his stance agaist illegal drugs, Tuzon also wants to highlight two organizational thrusts -- that personnel must always observe rules within the organization especially pertaining to administrative policies and operational procedures and that the personnel must always bear in mind the targets set and strive to meet them.
Tuzon, who formerly headed the Regional Operations and Plans Division (ROPD) of PRO6, has an extensive background in intelligence, operations and investigation, and hopes to translate these into operational accomplishments for IPPO.
He is preceeded by Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba who now sits as the new Division Chief of ROPD.#.
- 2017 A year of Accomplishments for IPPO
- PRO6, IPPO join Iloilo 5th District Peace and Order Summit
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary