14 May 2015
Slain Police Officer laid to rest, family given assistance
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA BARBARA, ILOILO, May 14 -- PO1 Dan Carlsberg Bayogos was finally laid to rest on May 13, 2015, several weeks after he was fatally stabbed while responding to a police call-up.
Bayogos, of Matalab Class 2011-01 was interred at Pototan Public Cemetery after a necrological service attended by his family, classmates and officers of Iloilo Police Provincial Office led by IPPO Director Police Senior Superintendent Cornelio Salinas.
In his message during the necrological services, Salinas lamented the fate that befell Bayogos and called on the men and women of IPPO to be more dedicated and be inspired by Bayogos in their service as police personnel.
IPPO turned over more than 100,000 pesos financial assistance to the family of Bayogos.
The financial assistance is composed of contributions from all personnel of IPPO.
The wounded Chief of Police, Police Senior Inspector Ariel Corcino also received 43,000 pesos financial assistance to cover his medical expenses for the wounds he sustained.
Corcino and Bayogos were stabbed by suspect Arnold Dagohoy last April 14, 2015 at Brgy. Naslo, Pototan, Iloilo.
Dagohoy also died due to bullet wounds he sustained when fired upon by police officers.
- PRO6, IPPO join Iloilo 5th District Peace and Order Summit
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary
- Hundreds of IPPO personnel, promoted to next higher rank