NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
13 April 2016
IPPO 1st quarter accomplishments
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr. STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, April 12 -- Iloilo Police Provincial Office registered several accomplishments for the first quarter of this year.
IPPO conducted a total of 99 positive anti-illegal drug operations from January to March this year with a total of 145 arrested persons and charged with 239 illegal drug cases in court.
The recoveries include more than one million worth of shabu and marijuana.
One hundred sixty six wanted persons were neutralized with 30 belonging to the most wanted persons of the province.
During the same period, 100 operations were launched against loose firearms resulting to the arrest of 78 persons and the recovery of 120 firearms, 15 explosives and 423 assorted ammunition.
Sixty seven persons involved in illegal gambling were also collared in 57 operations which resulted to the filing of 61 cases in court.
Illegal fishers were not spared from police operations as 52 fishing vessels were impounded in the 28 operations conducted by units of IPPO.
IPPO has been conducting intensified police operations as part of the implementation of Oplan Lambat Sibat. Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba, IPPO’s Director, expects more accomplishments in the coming months especially with only a month left before the National and Local Elections.#
- 2017 A year of Accomplishments for IPPO
- PRO6, IPPO join Iloilo 5th District Peace and Order Summit
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary