NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
2 October 2015
IPPO receives 42 new Patrol Jeeps
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, October 2 -- No less than the Secretary of Interior and Local Government Mel Senen Sarmiento and Chief of Philippine National Police, Police Director General Ricardo Marquez led the distribution of 42 patrol jeeps to the 42 Municipal Police Stations of Iloilo Police Provincial Office.
The turnover ceremony happened at Iloilo Provincial Capitol Grounds and was attended by the Local Chief Executives, Chiefs of Police and MLGOOs of each municipality.
In his message to the recipients of the new patrol jeeps, PDG Marquez reiterated the need to increase police visibility and vowed to put more police officers in the streets to curb crime.
Meanwhile, SILG Sarmiento called on the local governments to help the PNP in its mandate to serve and protect.
Iloilo Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. lauded the effort of DILG in improving the mobile capabilities of IPPO and called on the mayors to do their share in maintaining peace and order in the province of Iloilo.
SILG Mel Senen Sarmiento and PDG Ricardo Marquez personally distribute the new patrol jeeps in all police units nationwide.
- Mina’s 22 barangays declared as drug-free
- 2017 A year of Accomplishments for IPPO
- PRO6, IPPO join Iloilo 5th District Peace and Order Summit
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday