NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
7 January 2016
“ I have your back!”, Gov tells IPPO cops
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, January 7-- Officers of Iloilo Police Provincial Officers including Chiefs of Police led by Officer-In-Charge Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba paid a courtesy call to Iloilo Governor Arthur Defensor Sr, in a traditional New Year’s Call on Wednesday, January 6.
In his message to the assembled officers, Governor Defensor assured them of his support, be it legal or otherwise, in the performance of their duties as long they remain faithful to their service as police officers.
The governor called on them uphold credibility and integrity in service and to avoid being tempted by those involved in illegal activities.
“If you stand for the people, I will stand by you but once maglisa kamo, I will personally go gainst you”, said Governor Defensor.
“We did not enter government service to enrich ourselves so do not be tempted by material things because you have a legal obligation to uphold the law”, the governor added.
Defensor also called on the police officers to remain impartial during the upcoming May 9, 2016 elections.
During the New Year’s Call, Alba presented IPPO’s accomplishments for 2015 as well as the plans and programs of IPPO for 2016.#
- Mina’s 22 barangays declared as drug-free
- 2017 A year of Accomplishments for IPPO
- PRO6, IPPO join Iloilo 5th District Peace and Order Summit
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday