NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
15 September 2016
Bingawan gets new Police Station building
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, September 15 -- The Municipality of Bingawan formally inaugurated its new police station building on Wednesday, September 14.
The 4.6 Million two-storey standard building was started early this year with the lot donated by the local government of Bingawan, while the construction was funded by the PNP with a counterpart from the LGU.
Officers from the Regional Headquarters led by the Chief of Regional Directorial Staff Police Senior Superintendent Christopher Tambungan and IPPO personnel led by Police Senior Superintendent Roderick Augustus Alba graced the ocassion.
Prior to the construction of a new police station, Bingawan police occupied a dilapidated building which was damaged by Typhoon Yolanda in 2013.
To date, 18 Iloilo towns has standard police station buildings while three towns are set to have their new police stations inagurated this year.
These include Oton, Concepcion and Dumangas.#
- PRO6, IPPO join Iloilo 5th District Peace and Order Summit
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary
- Hundreds of IPPO personnel, promoted to next higher rank