NUP Maria Christina I. Mayor
2 July 2015
APEC Iloilo security preps now in motion
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA BARBARA, ILOILO, July 2 - The National Committee on Security, Peace and Order and Emergency Preparedness for the 2015 Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation convened for a two-day Contingency Planning for the first leg of meetings to be held in Iloilo City this coming July.
The conference was held at NEDA IV Conference hall last June 25-26 and was presided by its Chairman, DILG Undersecretary PETER IRVING C. CORVERA and attended by the various members of the committee from the different government agencies.
Director Roy Gonzales, Regional Director of the National Intelligence Coordinating Agency briefed the participants on the Current Threat and Risk Assessment in Iloilo while the Security, Peace and Order and Preparedness Plan was presented by Police Chief Superintendent Bernardo Diaz, Regional Director of Police Regional Office 6 and the Commander of Site Task Group Iloilo.
A lecture on contingency planning was delivered by Police Director Ricardo Marquez of the Directorate for Operations and the Commander of the National Joint Task Force “APEC 2015”.
During the plenary session, the threats and risks were identified including that of the route, venue, tours and command and control.
Iloilo Police Provincial Office Director Police Senior Superintendent Cornelio Salinas also briefed the participants regarding his preparations as the Sub Site TG Commander for Peace and Order.(30)
The first leg of APEC meetings in Iloilo is set to happen on July 23-24, 2015.
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary
- Hundreds of IPPO personnel, promoted to next higher rank
- IPPO chosen as National Finalist for PNP Service Anniversary Award, Two personnel also vie for national awards