NUP Maria Christina I Mayor
29 April 2015
6M Shabu recovered, brothers arrested in IPPO Operation
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, April 29 -- One kilogram of suspected shabu with an estimated value of Six Million Pesos was recovered in a buy-bust operation of Iloilo Police Provincial Office’ Provincial Anti-Illegal Drugs Special Operations Task Group(PAIDSOTG) and Pavia Municipal Police Station which also led to the arrest of two brothers.
Arrested during the operation on the afternoon of April 28, 2015 at Pavia People’s Terminal at Brgy. Ungka II, Pavia are brothers Dennis Paderog, 38 years old of Brgy. Cuartero, Jaro, Iloilo City and Christopher Paderog, 23 years old of Brgy. Tagbak, Jaro, Iloilo City.
The older Paderog has just been released from National Bilibid Prison last March 24, 2015 after 16 years of incarceration for the crime of murder.
While inside NBP, he was already known to be involved in several illegal drugs transaction which he continued even after being freed from prison.
During the course of the operation, shots were fired after Christopher Paderog, while inside their private vehicle, tried to evade arrest by bumping one police personnel but he was subdued and arrested together with his older brother.
He was subjected to medical evaluation for the bullet graze he sustained in the earlobe.
Meanwhile, IPPO Director Police Senior Superintendent Salinas is optimistic that with the arrest of the Paderog brothers and the recovery of the huge amount of suspected shabu, the illegal drug trade in the province of Iloilo will somehow be lessened.
“Despite this accomplishment, we at IPPO will not be complacent and we will continue and sustain the campaign against illegal drugs,” Salinas said.
Both brothers are now detained inside the lock-up cell of Pavia Municipal Police Station pending the filing of charges for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary
- Hundreds of IPPO personnel, promoted to next higher rank
- IPPO chosen as National Finalist for PNP Service Anniversary Award, Two personnel also vie for national awards