SPO1 Gregoria B Antonano
10 June 2016
499 Ilonggos swear oath as Lambat-Sibat Volunteers
Camp Francisco U. Sumagaysay, Sr., STA. BARBARA, ILOILO, June 10 -- Four hundred ninety-nine men and women of Iloilo Province formally swore undying commitment in support to Oplan Lambat Sibat of the Philippine National Police during the Oath-Taking Ceremony held at Iloilo Police Provincial Office earlier today.
Operationally functional on December of last year, these volunteers serve as the eyes and ears of the community in reporting all forms of criminality through information gathering to aid authorities capture criminals and other law violators.
In an interview with IPPO Dir. PSSupt. Roderick Augustus Alba, he said that they have already accounted about 20, 000 Lambat-Sibat volunteers since it was activated 6 months ago. “Iloilo needs the support of all Ilonggos. This is why their cooperation and support to this program of the PNP is sought. IPPO continues to recruit more volunteers in our aim to steadfastly solve crimes and eventually make Iloilo a peaceful province,” adds Alba.
Leading the Ilonggo Lambat-Sibat volunteers in the ceremony is PRO6’s Chief, Directorial Staff PSSupt. Christopher E. Tambungan.#
- 2017 A year of Accomplishments for IPPO
- PRO6, IPPO join Iloilo 5th District Peace and Order Summit
- New PD sets thrusts to Chiefs of Police
- Low crime volume experienced in Iloilo Province for 2016
- Iloilo Officials sign Covenant in War against Drugs
- IPPO shows anti-drug film to drug surrenderees
- Bingawan gets new Police Station building
- Sikad Kontra Droga
- IPPO Sikad Kontra Droga all set on Sunday
- IPPO bags most awards for PNP service anniversary